During an exclusive global launch held at Munich, Huawei Consumer Business Group today unveiled its highly-anticipated the new HUAWEI Mate 10, HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro and PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate 10 are breakthrough AI devices that combine innovative hardware.
The HUAWEI Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro key features include:
- Kirin 970, the world’s first AI processor for smartphones with a dedicated Neural Network Processing Unit (NPU).
- A 3D Glass Body featuring an almost bezel-less design, HUAWEI FullView Display and HDR10 Supported technology for intensely vivid and brighter colors.
- TÜV Safety Certified HUAWEI SuperCharge and 4000 mAh battery with AI-powered Battery Management.
- New Leica Dual Camera with SUMMILUX-H lenses, both featuring an aperture of f/1.6 and intelligent camera including AI-powered Real-Time Scene and Object Recognition and AI-powered Bokeh.
- An all-new, simplified EMUI 8.0 based on Android™ 8.0.
A New Intelligent Mobile Experiences
The HUAWEI Mate 10 and HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro are the first devices powered by the new Kirin 970 processor, delivering AI enhancements for a faster, more customized mobile experience. The Kirin 970 is built using an advanced TSMC 10nm semiconductor manufacturing process, and features an octa-core ARM Cortex CPU, a first-to-market Mali G72 12-core GPU and the first NPU designed specifically for a mobile device. The Kirin 970 also has a new dual ISP for AI-powered intelligent camera.
The specialized NPU, combined with Huawei’s innovative AI mobile computing architecture, means the Kirin 970 delivers 25x better performance and 50x greater energy efficiency for AI-related tasks, compared to four Cortex-A73 cores.¹. The HUAWEI Mate Series is also the world’s fastest smartphone supporting super-fast LTE connectivity and download speeds. The device comes with the world’s first dual 4G SIM support and dual VoLTE connections.
The Kirin 970 is an open mobile AI computing platform for third parties to create new and imaginative AI applications, which extends Huawei’s processing capabilities to the entire value chain.
Design Qualities for New Levels of Sophistication and Comfort
With an all-new HUAWEI FullView Display, the HUAWEI Mate 10 features a stunning 5.9-inch screen with a 16:9 display, an almost bezel-less design and HDR10 to support vivid colors. The 6-inch HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro features an 18:9 OLED display, high screen-to-body ratio and HDR10 for dynamic video viewing.
The iconic devices feature a 3D Glass Body, beautifully and symmetrically curved on all four sides for an ergonomic hold. The back of the devices features a reflective band design to highlight the new Leica dual camera.
The HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro is also IP67 Water and Dust Resistant.
New Leica Dual Camera and AI-powered Battery Management for the Next Era of Smartphone Use
Huawei has again partnered with Leica to co-engineer dual lenses for the HUAWEI Mate 10 and HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro. It combines 12-megapixel RGB + 20-megapixel monochrome sensors, an Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), dual lenses with the world’s largest aperture of f/1.6, AI-powered Bokeh Effect and AI-powered Digital Zoom.
The HUAWEI Mate 10 and HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro pack a 4000 mAh high-density battery featuring a smart battery management system that understands user behaviour and intelligently allocates resources to maximize battery life.
The HUAWEI Mate 10 and HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro will launch with Huawei’s all-new EMUI 8.0 powered by Android™ 8.0. Features include an AI Engine to fully leverage the capabilities of the Kirin 970; an AI Accelerated translator to deliver faster and more accurate interactive translation for a smoother communication experience; an easy projection feature to connect the new Huawei Mate Series to a larger screen; support for a full desktop experience – either mirroring or extending the smartphone display like a PC
Huawei also launched three HUAWEI Mate 10 accessories: the EnVizion 360 Camera, SuperCharge™ Power Bank, and Smart Scale.
- The EnVizion 360 Camera can shoot 5K photos and 360-degree 2K videos with multiple viewing modes for users to share across their social media channels.
- Huawei’s SuperCharge™ Power Bank supports a 4.5V / 5A low-voltage fast charge.
- The Smart Scale can monitor and analyze health information such as body fat percentage and Body Mass Index through a mobile app.
The Huawei Mate 10 and Huawei Mate 10 Pro will be launched in the MEA region on the 30th of October and the Mate 10 will be available in Lebanon in November.